How to Evaluate an Accident Law Firm
If you were involved in an accident, the time immediately following it is usually difficult and you may find yourself disoriented. It is crucial that you contact an accident law firm in Vancouver as soon as possible following your accident to be sure that you do not become the victim of greedy insurance companies, and receive the settlement that you deserve.
Questions to ask when evaluating Vancouver accident law firms
When selecting a Vancouver personal injury law firm to handle your accident case, it is important that you ask the right questions. Choosing someone to represent you in litigation is a sensitive matter, and the Vancouver accident law firm that you choose should be willing and able to answer all of your important questions.
- How long has your firm been in existence?
- How many accident cases has the firms lawyers handled with a successful outcome?
- What percentage of the firm focuses on my particular type of accident?
- Does the firm represent the victims of the accident or the defendants?
- Does the law firm have a clear outline of the litigation process? Lawyers should be able to guide you through the process, and assist you with all the paperwork so that you can focus on healing.
- Does the law firm charge on a contingency basis or do you pay for services either way? Some accident lawyers work on a contingency, meaning they only get paid if you do. Other lawyers charge by the hour, some in increments as small as 15 minutes. When choosing an accident law firm in Vancouver, be sure that you know what you are getting yourself into.
- Has the law firm handled cases similar to yours and won? And if so, are there people you can contact who have firsthand experience with the firm?
Doing Your Own Research on the Prospective Accident Law Firm
The Internet provides a wealth of information about accident law firms in Vancouver. People have often posted their experiences with certain law firms on websites and forums. With just a few clicks of the mouse you can learn quite a bit about your perspective accident law firm.
By asking questions you will be able to find the Vancouver accident law firm that is best suited to handle your case. You want a reputable law firm that combines experience, successful verdicts, and attention to detail, to make sure that you receive the most comprehensive settlement possible.
At Caron, Colven, Robison & Shafton we are ready to answer all of your important questions. We take accident cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay no legal fees unless and until we obtain a recovery for you. If you were harmed in an accident in Vancouver, contact the law firm of Caron, Colven, Robison & Shafton today for a free initial consultation.