Caron, Colven, Robison & Shafton P.S.

Vancouver, Washington Auto Accident Lawyers

Call 360.699.3001

Vancouver Auto / Car Accident Lawyers

avvo10rating2From their office in Vancouver, the lawyers at Caron, Colven, Robison & Shafton obtain compensation for victims of personal injury and wrongful death from motor vehicle accidents throughout Oregon and Southwest Washington.

If you have been injured in an automobile accident due to the negligence or wrongful actions of another driver, you have a right to obtain compensation for the damages you have suffered.  In most cases, you will be dealing with the other driver’s insurance company.  State law requires drivers to carry liability insurance to compensate anyone who is injured by the insured.  When you make a claim for damages, the other driver’s insurance company determines the value of your claim and offers a settlement, hiring attorneys to defend the case if a lawsuit is filed.

It can be helpful to understand the role of the insurance company in this process.  While the purpose of insurance is to compensate people for losses, the purpose of the insurance business is to make profits for its shareholders, which it does by collecting premiums on the one hand and limiting the amount it pays out on the other.  Thus the insurance company’s goal is to pay as little as possible or to deny a claim altogether if it can.  Furthermore, the insurance company is under no obligation to help you out by providing you with information or telling you what your claim is really worth.  For these reasons it is critical to hire an attorney whose goal is to see that you get the maximum recovery available to you.

Uninsured Motorists

Even though liability insurance is required by state law, as many as 20% of drivers on the road at any time remain uninsured.  Uninsured (UM)/Underinsured Motorist (UIM) insurance is there to protect you if you are injured by a driver who is not carrying insurance.  If you have UM coverage on your policy, then your insurance company will compensate you for your losses up to the limits of the coverage you are carrying.  If the driver is insured only for minimum liability limits, your UIM coverage will pay over and above what the other driver’s insurance paid, to the extent that the limits on your coverage are greater.

Keep in mind that even your own insurance company is not necessarily on your side when it comes to making a claim.  You are still dealing with an insurance company, and their primary goal remains the same – to minimize the number and amount of claims they payout.  For this reason, it is vital to speak with an attorney before accepting a settlement or making any decisions with an insurance company, even if it is your own.

Our Vancouver attorneys believe their duty is to obtain the best possible recovery for each client.  We can negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf, and if a lawsuit is necessary, our experienced litigators will aggressively pursue your interests in court.  If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident, contact Caron, Colven, Robison & Shafton today for a free consultation regarding your case.

Over 100 Years Of Combined Legal Experience!

Contact Us For A FREE Consultation!